About our program
The Master of Science in Health Services Administration is offered through the University of Wyoming’s School of Pharmacy for new or mid-career pharmacists or health professionals looking to advance their careers in the pharmaceutical and health care fields.
- Two year, part-time program. The program can be extended for up to six years
- Most courses are taught online, with students traveling to Laramie, Wyoming twice for intensive weekend seminars — once during their first and once during their last semester in the program
- Students can begin the program in the fall or spring semester (summer courses currently not offered)
- Non-thesis degree, but does require a final individual project coordinated between the student and his/her academic advisor
- We also offer a virtual job fair for current students with information about current job opportunities in the field of health services administration
- Online courses all use a learning management system that delivers course content to the student’s computer. Some courses are synchronous and require weekly or bi-weekly evening live attendance using a virtual classroom program. Other classes are blended between synchronous and asynchronous delivery, and do not require live virtual classroom attendance on a regular basis
- Read through our schedule of course offerings
- A bachelors degree in any field, a masters degree in any field, or a doctoral degree (PharmD, DPT, MD, JD, etc.) with an upper division GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 will be considered based on experience and commitment to graduate study.
- When applying, you must submit:
- a transcript showing a qualifying degree from an accredited academic institution,
- a current curriculum vitae or resume,
- a personal statement outlining your experience in the pharmaceutical or health care field, and
- $50 application fee
Tuition & discounts:
Wyoming in-state tuition: $650 per credit hour
- Out-of-state tuition: $825 per credit hour
- $25 University of Wyoming fee per credit hour (no discounts applicable)
In-state tuition is extended to:
Members of national pharmacy associations, to federal agency employees (including active-duty military) and to pharmacy residents.
Wyoming Pharmacy Association members additional discount:
All members of WPhA receive a full discount on the first two-credit course, so that the full course tuition of $1,650 will be waived for that course. This is a way for students to try the program with no tuition cost for the first course. All students are eligible to join WPhA. Go to: http://www.wpha.net/?page=Membership Select the most appropriate member type. If no other member type applies to you, then select “staff member” as your member type.
A typical semester looks like:
Online, synchronous; 2 credits; 5 weeks
Weekend seminar; 1 credit; residential in Laramie
Online, synchronous; 3 credits; 7 weeks